Questions & AnswersHey guys, just doing a little housekeeping on my account today. Looking at the balance sheet it shows the Bank Account as an asset being (€684). Clicking on it and scrolling through I see that I never accounted for a €10,000 lodgement that we made into the business bank account when we opened it in 2015. So the bank account shows a negative when in fact the balance in the bank account is nearly 10k. I want to fix this so that my equity is more correct. Do I create a Manual Journal Entry, and if so what other account do I balance the bank account against? Thanking you in advance…
thepalvgm asked 5 years ago

Hey guys, just doing a little housekeeping on my account today. Looking at the balance sheet it shows the Bank Account as an asset being (€684). Clicking on it and scrolling through I see that I never accounted for a €10,000 lodgement that we made into the business bank account when we opened it in 2015. So the bank account shows a negative when in fact the balance in the bank account is nearly 10k. I want to fix this so that my equity is more correct. Do I create a Manual Journal Entry, and if so what other account do I balance the bank account against? Thanking you in advance…