I want to setup Bullet to send emails through my gmail account. What are the settings?
- Go to your settings (click on the cog in the top-right corner).
- Click on Email Preferences on the right-hand side.
- Enter the details as below in the Email Server Settings tab and click Save.
- Email Server Protocol: smtps
- Email Server Host: smtp.gmail.com
- Email Server Port: 465
- Email Server Username: Your full email address eg. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Server Password: Your email password
You will have to enable gmail to accept connections “less secure connections” to allow Bullet to send emails through your gmail account:
- Visit https://www.google.com/settings/u/2/security/lesssecureapps
- Select Turn On for Access for less secure apps.
Google have updated their security so now you need to do the following too.
- Start chrome in incognito mode
- Go to:http://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
- Sign into the account you want Bullet to send emails from.
One you’ve finished this, you’ll be able to send emails through the account from Bullet. I found this information in this page (the 3rd bullet point under troubleshooting) https://support.google.com/mail/answer/14257?visit_id=1-636096481571466405-3793769413&rd=1 After you have setup your email settings and enabled less secure apps in gmail, you can test the settings by emailing yourself an Invoice from your bullet account.
NOTE: All emails from your company in Bullet will be send through the gmail account you specify – regardless of which user is logged into your company.
If you have the 2-steps verification set up for Gmail account, you can:
- Go to myaccount.google.com
- Go to Sign In and Security
- Go to App passwords
- Create a custom app – custom name
- Generate password
- Use the 12 digits generated password as your password for the Gmail account (with your normal Gmail username) in Bullethq.