Questions & AnswersCan I use 'Manual Journal Entry' to fix a payment error into my bank a/c?
aux1design asked 5 years ago

Hi there,
A company accidentally paid money into my business bank account and of course I sent it back to them. Can I use the Manual Journal Entry to account for this error by entering the sum of money as ‘credit’ with it’s date and then enter the same amount as ‘debit’ with the date I sent it back to them?
OR is there some tool available when I’m reconciling my accounts that will sort this?
Thank you in advance,