How you can put someone on the Payroll
From July 1st 2013, a new Government Scheme came into effect that rewards prospective Employers for taking someone off the Live Register and putting them on their Payroll. This is Good News for Sole Traders and Start up Companies as it means you can take on hired help sooner rather than later.:
Here’s the deal:
- A payment of €7,500 over 2 years, for each person recruited who has been unemployed for more than 12 but less than 24 months. This will be paid monthly, in arrears, which works out to be €312.50 per month.
- A payment of €10,000 over 2 years, for each person recruited who has been unemployed for more than 24 months. This will be paid monthly, in arrears, which works out to be €416.66 per month.
- Even if you’re a Sole Trader with no current employees, you can still avail of this scheme to put someone on the Payroll.
- You must be registered with the Revenue Commissioners as an Employer, which you can do with this form.
- The job you offer must be at least 30 hours per week, over at least 4 days a week.
- If you’ve just heard of Jobsplus and you’ve got someone on your Payroll who would qualify for this scheme, you can still apply. Payments aren’t backdated I’m afraid.
- The payment won’t kick in until your new employee officially closes their Jobseekers claim.
- You must be Tax Compliant and have a Tax Clearance Certificate. Apply online here. If you’re already using Bullet Accounting and Payroll Software to automate your Tax Payments, you have nothing to worry about.
- There’s no limit on the number of people you can hire under this scheme.
- You can use this scheme to put your Jobsbridge Intern on your Payroll too.
Once you’ve got your new employee in the door, Bullet Payroll will make paying their wages and paying the Tax man really easy for you.
Get a free month of Payroll from Bullet here